Friday, March 1, 2013


 

Layering Pictures

 
This was my final self portrait image from last semester. Does anyone have constructive criticism? I would like this image to improve and fulfill it's potential.
 
 
 
These are self portraits taken last semester. This weekend, I am skiing and going into Portland. While in Portland, I plan on running in Forrest Park. This park is an expansive running trail with many Douglas fir trees. I hope to capture macro and landscape shots from this weekend's adventures, and layer them with self portraits.




 

For this pictures below, I layered Mt. Hood with a self portrait. Along with that, I overlapped a sunrise at Timberland Lodge. I increased the contrast of dark and light to bring out the vibrancy of the mountain. The Mt. Hood picture reminds me of the yin and yang Chinese symbol. Everyone has a mixture of darkness and light, good/evil in them.
 
 
 

Yin and yang explained. This is pretty rad.
 

6 comments:

  1. Sorry about the askew format of my pictures. I tried moving the portraits around to be more aligned. I'll continue working on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work this week. You are definitely capturing serenity in your images. For future images, you could play with incorporating more of the figure in your portrait shots. Looking forward to future pieces! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the movement and the emotion in your self portrait pictures. I also like how the landscape photos are meaningly and personal to you. I think it's a great idea for a concentration piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked all of your self portrait images including the layered ones as well. I think the sunset fits your personality, a calm, serene kind of feel. Also, the layered portrait with the background as the mountain is really great. The high contrast helped make it a bold photo. The photos are great but I don't know how you can tie that into a concentration series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your layered images are gorgeous!! They have the the feeling of being young and careless. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really fascinated about how your portrait adds more feeling with all the different backgrounds. They look so cheerful and it makes you look like you like sceneries. Really great work with the layers.

    ReplyDelete